Welcome to Pardons Canada’s Community Blog
where you can Ask, Share and Join The Conversation

How Can I Remove a Criminal Record for a Theft Conviction from Over 10 Years Ago?

How Can I Remove a Criminal Record for a Theft Conviction from Over 10 Years Ago? 
Hi there,
I made a few mistakes in my youth while involved with the wrong crowd. Now I have a theft conviction on my record. This incident happened well over 10 years ago. What can i do to have this theft conviction removed from my record? Can you please assist?
Thank you! 


By Pardons Canada
Hello Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your question to us regarding older theft convictions on a criminal record.

Since you have been convicted of a theft charge then you will require a pardon or record suspension to remove your criminal record. The eligibility requirement for a theft under conviction is five years from the end of your punishment, so you are eligible to obtain a pardon record suspension. The process for obtaining a pardon is complicated and requires the collection of important legal documents including police and court records and RCMP files.


The application cannot have any errors when submitted for final approval to the federal government. Pardons Canada will complete all of the paperwork on your behalf to ensure that your pardon or record suspension will be approved.

I hope this has helped to answer your question!
Please feel free to contact the team at Pardons Canada at anytime for more information about how we can further assist you. 
Level 7 (XP: 2750)
5 years ago
Thank you for getting back to me
Level 3 (XP: 700)
Remember to contact our team directly for more information about the services we provide.


19 member reviews
    Here buy my new music today on radio near you olivia pahtayken we running in circles haha
    By Eric
    Friendly staff -An organization that cares
    By JCM
    Great company. Experts in the field. Very knowledgable staff.
    Extremely knowledgeable staff with decades of experience.
    By Eric
    Great service with friendly helpful staff
    Go do it yourself people. The process is simple and you will save yourself so much money!!!! They took $350 of mine and ...
    I will be leaving negative reviews anywhere and everywhere possible. You are thieves!
    I am writing to thank Jessica A. for helping me get my pardon. The parole board requested more supporting information i...
    Impeccable service! We are fortunate to have such an institution who cares more about helping anyone with a record, reg...
    Amazing company. I have been involved with them for over 15 years. Incredible wealth of knowledge and very professional ...

Still Have Questions?

Ask An Expert

Popular Posts